To change the network, you will first need to make your Prota enter into AP Mode and then connect it to the new network.
1. Activate AP Mode:
There are 2 methods to activate AP Mode:
Method 1: Manual activation
*This method is available for Prota S only
1. Hover your hand quickly over the top of your Prota S. A green light should light up immediately.
2. Quickly hover over the top for the second time(within a few seconds) and hold your hand on top until the light starts blinking red and blue.
You have now activated the AP Mode on your Prota S!
Method 2: Using Settings app
*This method is compatible with both Prota S and Prota Pi
1. Go to Settings app
2. In Network Settings, tap on the 'WiFi' tab and click on 'Ap Mode'
AP Mode is now activated!
If you are unable to activate AP mode, please follow these steps:
When Prota initializes itself, sometimes it might get stuck during the procedure. In this case, please reboot your Prota to make it work.
If it still doesn't work, please make sure you are using the correct power sourcing for Prota device. You have to use a power adapter that supports 5V 2A voltage. Please do not use PC, laptop, or USB type power strip. Also, we advise not to use the charging adapter of a smartphone.
If the problem persists, please contact Naran support team by submitting a ticket on support.prota.info.
2. Connect your Prota to the new network:
1. Open the WiFi settings on your smart device, find the Prota's SSID.
2. After successfully connecting to the Prota, open Prota Space app.
3. When opening the app, the message 'No WiFi network has been configured' will appear. Press OK to start connecting to a network.
4. Go to Settings app
5. Tap on the 'WiFi' tab, choose the desired WiFi from the list of available networks and connect.
6. Your Prota has now connected to the Internet again and should be ready to use!
Please note that the configuration might take a few minutes after connecting to the desired network.
Once Prota has successfully connected to the network, the led will stay green and then turn off.
If not, Prota will automatically enter AP mode. You should try the procedure again. Please confirm the status and password of the network where Prota connects.