It is possible to set MicroBot Push to press and hold a button for a specific amount of time when MicroBots are paired with Prota smart hub. However, it is not possible without the hub.
To set up a duration for your MicroBot Push, please follow this steps:
1. Go to MicroBot Push app
2. Enter the 'detail mode' by clicking on the 3 dots [...]
3. Set the duration you wish (in seconds)
4. Click again on the 3 dots to go back to homepage.
Done! Now, your MicroBot Push will press and hold the button according to the duration you have set.
If you wish your MicroBot Push to press and hold a button only when specific conditions are met, do not set the duration as explained above. Instead, you will need to create an automation rule using Stories app.
- "When it's sunny outside, Push the button for 20 s"
- "When it's 8:00 AM, Push the button for 20 s"
- "When camera recognizes any motion, Push the button for 20 s"
To do so, create a storyline.
1. In the sensor-story, set the conditions which must be met to push the button for xx seconds
Ex. "When it's 8:00 AM"
2. Select MicroBot Push as the actor and 'press the button for ? seconds' as the action
3. Set the instructions (duration)
4. Save both the instructions and the storyline. Done!