A. Why a Beta test?
We are currently developing a new version of Prota, Prota Charles, which operates in the cloud. With this version, MicroBot Push becomes a Cloud-connected MicroBot. In our quest of making products that are easy-to-use and familiar with users, and because our users' opinions are what we value the most, we would like to hear what they (you) have to say regarding the new features we will be implementing soon.
Beta testers will have access to MicroBot Push's new features:
- Turn your Smartphone into a Smart Hub once MicroBot Push app is installed
- Webhook (outgoing/incoming hook)
- Cloud-pairing, to control MicroBot Push from multiple devices without needing a Prota hub like before.
How Cloud-connected MicroBot Push works with several paired devices
B. How to join?
Once you subscribe to our beta mailing list, we will send an invitation link soon!
- For iOS users:
We will invite you to join our Beta group in TestFlight.
1. Download TestFlight app, available for free in the Apple Store
2. After subscribing, you will receive an invitation email from iConnect. Click on the invitation link and you will be redirected to TestFlight app.
3. Install MicroBot Push app.
4. In the app, enter the email address that will enable you to authenticate your device to Prota. You will receive your ‘Magic Link’ (authentication link) by email.
Note: This email address will be the email associated with your Prota. If you use several devices, make sure you use the same email address in order to register all your devices with the same Prota.
5. Go to your email inbox to confirm your Magic Link. Click on the link and you will be redirected to MicroBot Push app.
6. Wait until initialization completes.
Note: Once MicroBot Push Beta app is installed, the previous MicroBot Push app and all its data will be deleted. You will have to pair your MicroBot Push and change the settings again.
- For Android users:
The Beta test is not available at the moment for Android users. But we are currently developing it. We will keep you informed when it is released!
Note: The Beta test is available only for owners of a MicroBot Push 2nd Generation or owners of a Prota and MicroBot Push 2nd Gen.
C. How to quit the Beta test?
For iOS users: Simply install the official MicroBot Push app
For Android users: Delete the MicroBot Push Beta app and use the official MicroBot Push app instead.