MicroBot Push can be turned into a Beacon. A beacon is an object turned into a signal emitter that communicates to nearby smartphones via BLE as soon as they get in range. It is used as a sensor to trigger specific actions.
- MicroBot Push 2nd generation
- Prota hub
- iOS device (iPhone or iPad) supporting the iBeacon technology
A. Set your Beacon
1. Access your MicroBot Push’s interface on Prota Space by clicking on the MicroBot Push icon at the top right corner.
2. Press and hold your MicroBot Push's interface. The icon ‘SetBeacon’ will appear.
3. Click on ‘SetBeacon’
4. Set your Beacon’s name and range.
Note: The default name for your beacon is the name of your MicroBot Push. To change the name, simply click in the box and write it up.
5. Click on ‘Set beacon’ and it’s done! The Beacon icon now appears at the top left corner of your MicroBot Push interface.
B. Use your Beacon in automation rules
To use your MicroBot Push-turned-Beacon to automate your home or office, you will need to create a dedicated storyline in your Prota's Stories app. The Beacon is always used in the sensor-story of your automation rule.
To create a story using your Beacon as the sensor, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to Stories app and create a new story
2. Select 'Mobile' as the sensor and choose your device
3. Set the event. You can choose between:
- 'come within the beacon area'
- 'go outside the beacon area'
4. Set your action-story (actor and action) as you wish.
5. Save your story. Done!